Thursday, March 17, 2011

Waltzingmouse March Blog Hop

It's my very first Waltzingmouse Friends Blog Waltz from my brand-new blog!  So cool to finally participate as a blogger.  For this occasion I have made a special card, from the Irish Blessings set:


This image was colored entirely with embossing powders, using the Stampendous Scenic Selections embossing powder kit, which consists of 14 small jars of various colors of finely powdered embossing powders.  I stamped the image in black ink on white card stock, then stamped all over with Versamark ink.  I used a tiny spatula to tap embossing powder of various colors in (hopefully) the right places to give the whole image the look of an enameled painting.  Some of the colors were layered for shading.  When it was done, I stamped the original image over the top with Stazon Jet Black.  The card was given to my friend Jan, whose birthday is March 17, and of course she loves everything Irish.  She was thrilled with the card, so it was worth the effort.

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out the next waltz partner!

Cyndie

PS:  apologies for the strange colors and designs of this post background--I'm still fine-tuning the design.

22 comments:

  1. wow - how cool embossing the whole image with different colors - this looks great! Glad you joined us this month and congrats on getting your blog up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - what a challenge to yourself to colour by embossing! Very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day Cyndie! This card is oh so pretty! Love the beautiful scene and the shimmery golden shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my first waltz with MY new blog too! LOL! Congratulations! Your card is very pretty, cool effect with embossing the house and I love the little gold shamrock. Happy St. Patrick's Day! And congrats on what if hopefully your first of many waltzes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use embossing powders to color your image! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful,Cyndie. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've never seen that embossing powder technique before... very cool! And that's one of my favorite images... I remember when Claire drew it before she started WMS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm impressed!! It looks like a tiny painting. Absolutely lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card and the image looks so much like it water colored insteadd of embossed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love the embossing powder technique! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has a lovely charm to it, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I am impressed on how to used embossing powders to color your image. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY WORD!!! This is amazing!!!! Fantastic job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! That embossing powder enamel technique is AMAZING! And SO intricate! THis is over the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! I wondered how you got that lovely glazed look on the image - I think I must try the technique - it looks fabulous! Such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great card. This is one of my all time favorite images from WMS...it just screams Ireland. Great job with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool idea! Your card is awesome!!! Congrats on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWZER!!! This is fantastic! I can't believe that I'm your very first follower!!! Best wishes, brand new blog owner!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how neat!! I've never seen this done before!!! what a cracking technique - beautifully demonstrated!! Thank you so much for waltzing along with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great way to start your new blog off. Love your embossed card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful card! I'm amazed at the patience it must have taken for you to sprinkle on all the different embossing powders!! (And by the way, I don't have a blog yet: I'm not too confident that I could figure out how to make the darn thing come together, so congrats!!)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!