Tuesday, April 26, 2011

JustRite Friday Challenge 053

For my entry into the JustRite Friday Challenge 053 (to make a handmade dimensional flower) I made a red carnation using grunge paper and the Spellbinders Pinking Circles dies.  Then, what to do with it???  I am not really much of a shabby girl, but the supplies all leaped onto the paper and produced this:


The Vintage Oval Labels stamp was inked with Versamark and dusted with off-white embossing powder to give a white-on-white pattern that I just love.  The tiny dots around the frames were added with a Sakura Souffle gel pen in a peach color.

Here's all the supplies used:
Stamps:  JustRite Vintage Oval Labels, JustRite Fancy Frames
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 13, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large
Paper:  DCWV stack; SU Very Vanilla, SU Ruby Red
Ink:  SU Ruby Red; Versamark; Sakura Souffle gel pen; Fiesta red alcohol ink to dye the flower.
Embellishments:  tatted lace from my flea market stash; Prima off-white roses; red ribbon.

I think Mom will like this--she is a big fan of the shabby chic look!

Thanks for looking,

Cyndie




11 comments:

  1. Cyndie, this is a beautiful Mother's Day card. I love the BG paper you used, and the embossed focal image is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your embossing technique is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndie, the embossing is stunning! Love-love-love your card! That's a new technique I'll be scraplifting from you :-) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous card! that flower is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful, Cyndie; I'm sure your Mother will LOVE it! I had to laugh at your comment that the supplies all leaped onto the paper -- as much as I struggle with projects, I'd LOVE for you to share how to make that happen -- LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so beautiful Cyndie. Everything about the card is, well, 'just right'. Your mum will absolutely treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cyndie I really like the way you used the embossing on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE what you weaved the ribbon in the lace! That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...this is amazing. So beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - so pretty! love that white embossing and your beautiful flower! the ribbon looks super woven through the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So elegant looking Cyndie! Love the embossed image and the beautiful homemade flower!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!