Monday, April 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink April 2011 Blog Hop

So, the design brief for the Papertrey Ink April 2011 Blog Hop was to make a "guy" card, and boy is that a challenge for me!  I have more flower stamps in my stash that does the Burpee catalog!  However, I do have Enjoy The Ride,  and I think it is well suited for guy cards.  Here's mine:


I also wanted to incorporate the Make It Monday #12, Line Frame challenge into this card, so it was a tough assignment for me.  How it was done:  five little cars were die cut from shrink plastic using the matching car die for Enjoy The Ride, and stamped with the car outline in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  After shrinking, the cars were colored with Copics (B69 and Y18).  I was shooting for either a new car lot, or a racing theme.  So, not having any banner or pennant sets, after drawing the frame I made the little pennants using the tree stamp from Wonderfully Whimsical!  They were also colored in with Copics.  The "You" came from "You did it!" and I hand-printed the "are one in a million."  The bigger car was cut out of PTI Stamper's Select, and stamped with background (SU Really Red) and outline (Memento Tuxedo Black).  I might use this as a Father's Day card--my Dad's very first new car was a red VW Bug (I think it was in 1964!).

Thanks for looking,

Cyndie


32 comments:

  1. Your card makes me smile! Love the shrinky dinks...Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the shrinky dinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I have never seen anything like this! That shrinky dinks is the most creative thing. You are so smart. I absolutely have to try this. Such a good idea and a great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card. When I first looked, I thought you had found a matching "mini" stamp....very clever to use the shrink plastic. It's a great look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very cute, Cyndie and very, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have anything to create shrinky dinks, but if I did I'd be casing this card right away! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh you are clever. I am so impressed and totally inspired by your groovy card. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!!! SO CUTE & CLEVER!!!! Makes me want to go find some shrinky dinks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness, this is so cute and clever!! Love how you put this together! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOw cute is this? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is FANTASTIC!!! Love the fun little shrink plastic cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodnesses that card is just perfect! All I can think of is Herbie in a race...perfect for anyone who grew up watching Dean Jones and Buddy Hackett race Herbie in the 60s! THANKS for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a fun card! Love the bright colors and the red VW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awesome is this? I love the idea of using shrink plastic for the car. Definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWESOME card. Love the stamps, love your frame and the insert sentiment.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This is amazing! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is soooo much to love about this card! The shrinky-dink cars are brilliant. I haven't used shrinky-dinks in a long time, but this makes me want to get them out. :) Great improvisation on the banner, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute card, think I need to buy the VW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute - love the shrinky dink idea and congrags on being featured on fb, too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just a cute, cute card and I LOVE your little skrinky dink cars--ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just adorable! Love the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! I just love this! A great design!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, love it! Love the shrinky cars, the banner, all of it. Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this! I've had my first go at shrink plastic and it was scary! And you've created 5!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness, what a fun card!!! I love the shrinky dink cars!!! What a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!