Thursday, April 7, 2011

Waltzingmouse April SOAP CASE Competition

I didn't have to think twice about what project to choose for my entry in the Waltzingmouse April SOAP CASE competition (to copy the theme of a Design Team blog entry for the SOAP blog hop):  I knew I wanted to CASE Anya's cool bracelet featured on her WMS Soap Day 3 post.  I've got tons of beading supplies here so it was time to dust them off, and here's what I came up with:


The bracelet was made in a similar manner to Anya's, except Very Vintage Labels No. 4 stamp set was used.  A Spellbinders Labels 4 die with a Spellbinders Classic Ovals die centered within it were used to punch out the shapes from Polyshrink, then the pieces were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Two 1/8" holes were punched, one at each end.  After shrinking, the pieces were colored with deep blue permanent marker, outside the stamped area and also on the sides.  The pieces were assembled into a bracelet using gold-toned findings (clasp, jump rings, crimp beads, pearls, blue beads, 20ga wire, and Beadalon beading wire.

It was fun to do, and I'd like to thank Anya for the inspiration!

Cyndie

19 comments:

  1. Your bracelet turned out great...I love to see stamps used for something besides cards!!! Checked out Anya's tutorial and see one of these in my future. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between you and Anya and your wonderful creations, I'm feeling very tempted to have a go myself!! this is just lovely. I really like the way you've cut out the cental oval and added a pearly bead! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely! I love how you changed it up and made it so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful, i love the colours here, such a pretty trinket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh *WOW* Cyndie! This is just stunning! I really love the way you cut out the centers, it adds so much interest to this beautiful design. So flattered you were inspired by my project - you rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I love how you put the peals and beads in the cut out centers!! Clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I am really impressed!! This is beautiful. I love the way that you cut out the centers so that you could nestle the pearls in there. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on this lovely bracelet! love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! I just love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done you!! this is just so different and gorgeous. Congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cyndie,
    wow, this is so pretty!
    You did a great job on this.
    Congratulations, you deserve to win :-)
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and congratulations on winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FAB bracelet :) Well done!
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Cyndie!! beautifully made and lovely colours - very rich!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on winning the CASE competition!! You deserved it with that wonderful take on the bracelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome braclet!!!! I love shrink art!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!