Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #43 - WMSC43

Greetings, all!
I especially wanted to play along this week with the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #43 because I recently acquired the Sewing Box - Hugs set which is ideally suited for this week's sketch:
I went for a very literal translation of this sketch because it is so perfect!  Here's my card:


I plan to use it for my nephew's newest arrival (soon!)--expected to be a girl I believe.

The sets used were Sewing Box Hugs and the "little one" came from Celtic Heritage.  The background paper was made using the flower from Sewing Box Hugs, stamped in SU Cameo Coral and shaded with alcohol markers.  The patterned papers, button, and ribbon came from my stash.  The square panel with sentiments on it was made by stamping a long corner from the house in Sewing Box Hugs, four times to make a square.  After cutting out it was rounded on the reverse side with a large ball burnisher, to give it some dimension, then popped up on foam dots.  The color palette came from Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger:


The colors I chose were Stampin Up's Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, and Garden Green, Memento Tuxedo Black, on Stampin Up Very Vanilla cardstock.  The yellow comes from the button and wisp of ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cyndie



10 comments:

  1. Oh this is SO cute! I love the Sewing Box background you made! Such perfect placement of those flowers. Love how you made your own stitched sentiment box (clever stamping!) and sentiment. What a sweet baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful baby card, love the custom stamping for the label, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Cyndie - I completely bypassed this set but will have to reconsider after seeing your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! what great bg stamping! love the colors and pretty leaves! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Cyndie! Great job paper piecing those leaves and love the BG you created! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww. Fun. I haven't got this stamp set, but i think I need it now after seeing it used by your clever hands. How stunning is that background?! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Those flowers are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cyndie! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!