Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WMSC41 and Moxie Fab Card Sets

Greetings!




So, here's a little set of thank you cards I created to serve a couple purposes:  I'll submit them for a couple challenges, and give them to my Mom for part of her Mother's Day gift (she's a passionate seamstress), and also it gave me an opportunity to try out my recently acquired (used, but still!) set of Waltzingmouse stamps--the Sewing Box Hugs set, which I just love.  I've never seen a set that is so well suited for paper piecing!


The WMSC41 challenge this week is all about creating a set of mini cards, and so is the Moxie Fab Card Sets challenge, with the addition of a holder for them.  While my cards are smaller than the "standard" 4.25"x5.5" quarter-size card,  I made them a little larger than a true Mini card (3.75"x 4.75" to fit a 3 5/8" x 5 1/8" envelope), so they would be mailable.  This size envelope is the smallest size the USPS will accept.    Just happened to have a few of these envelopes available to make the set.  I made the mini purse to hold them using a 12"x12" piece of white card stock. The purse has a side gusset and is 5.5" x 4" in size, and since I didn't find a template for this size I just whipped up one of my own.  Spellbinders Labels 4 and Tim Holtz Brackets dies were used to make the flaps for the cards and purse.  The patterned paper came from a local stamp store as part of a bargain bin collection of 6"x6" pieces.  The purse hardware came from a Stampin Up Hodgepodge Hardware kit.  The closeup shows how they were attached.  The pink ribbon was originally the wrong shade so it was colored with a Copic marker for a closer match.  I was pleased with how the whole set came out, and I think Mom will love it!


 That's all, and thanks for looking!

Cyndie

9 comments:

  1. Fab set of cards and case, I love your paper piecing and the tartan is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK, that is such an adorable set! Love how everything coordinates, and that plaid pattern is dreamy. The purse holder is just too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!! Love the papers you've used here - the colours are fab! And I agree, this set is perfect for paper piecing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards and card purse!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors, great idea for the purse holder. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute! love the way the cards match the purse/holder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the layout you've used, and how the holder goes so perfectly with the cards :) What a fabulous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cyndie! Thanks for linking these up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Moxie fab! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!