Monday, May 23, 2011

JustRite Friday Challenge #055: Color

Greetings all!  
I find myself in need of a baby congratulations card, so I made this one in the colors for the JustRite Friday Challenge #055: Color challenge (Light/medium blue, ivory, and tan/kraft).   I blurred the baby's last name to protect the privacy of the parents--the unretouched card looks much better in real life!  I didn't want to frou-frou up this card too much since it's for a baby boy:



Here's the card details:
Stamps:  JustRite Vintage Oval Labels, JustRite Times New Roman fonts, 50pt and 15pt
Paper:  SU Bashful Blue; DCWV Linen Closet 4 x 6 stack; PTI Stamper's Select; kraft grocery bag
Ink:  Versamark; SU Brocade Blue Craft (retired)
Embellishments:  twill ribbon, mini buttons, blue button; light blue embossing powder
Tools:  Spellbinders Labels 13; craft knife; embossing heat tool; needle & thread.


The baby's name and birthdate were stamped in Versamark then dusted with light blue embossing powder.  Versamark was also used to add the subtle decorative frame from Vintage Oval Labels.  The twill ribbon was stamped with the phrase Welcome Little One from the 15pt font in craft ink then heat set with a heat tool.


Thanks for looking!


Cyndie





3 comments:

  1. Gosh, there are so many little things I love about this card. The stamped twill and the mini buttons (where did you get those?); the versamark on the blue and the shape of the label. I haven't ventured into Just Rite, I know it would be a downhill slide into another stamp company if I did.

    Yes I did cut out all those doilies but I find it quite therapeutic on a rainy almost winter Sunday morning (well to us it gets cold!) Nothing like I imagine you would experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet personalized baby card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute welcome baby card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!