Saturday, May 28, 2011

Liebster Blog Award



A couple weeks ago I was tagged by Anna for the Liebster Blog Award.  How nice!   I've never been tagged before so I had to do some research to find out what this means.  Apparently it was started in order to give some exposure to smaller blogs (less than 300 followers--I certainly qualify for that!).  I was to select 3-5 blogs that I liked that met the criteria, and tag them.  These people are to do the same, and link back to my blog to share the love.   I like the idea of spotlighting high-quality but lesser known blogs.


I did some searching in the stamping and card-making arena, and found that it was harder that I thought it would be to find a few blogs meeting the criteria that have not already won this award! However, I did finally identify these, and hope you will check them out:

Jeanne Jachna at
http://akeptlife.blogspot.com/
Crisanne at
http://blackberrycordial.blogspot.com/
Lisa at
http://mypapertales.blogspot.com/
Cindy B at
http://paperkicks.blogspot.com/
Joyce at
http://craftyquills.blogspot.com/ 

Ladies, please know that you are under no obligation to tag anyone if you'd rather not, but I hope you enjoy checking out these blogs as I did. And Anna, thank you for choosing to tag my blog!

Now, I can't imagine doing a posting without including a photo, so here is an older card from my
Splitcoaststampers gallery, made using Stampin Up cardstock and ink, Stampin Up lace stamp, clear cardstock, and PTI's Quilter's Sampler set. The matching pendant was made using 1" square microscope slides sandwiching the quilt block, wrapped with copper foil, soldered with a jump ring and painted gold.



Cyndie


4 comments:

  1. Just lovely Cyndie. I hope that stamp set is winging its way to me at this very moment, as i have seen some stunning projects using it. The necklace is really beautiful, an inventive way to use microscope slides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for tagging me!! I'll do the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, well, here is she who knows nothing of tagging etc....my goodness, why have I never been to your blog before? I didn't even have time to look at all the things in the PTI blog hop....at the moment I am inundated with work...however I do love your quilt card...I have this set and have never been happy with anything I've made so I'll case you my girl.
    Thank you so much for the honor, I'll have to get you on my blog asap. Greetings from N.Ireland where it is like Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should also say I love, love, love the box...how elegant....that is something else.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!