Sunday, May 29, 2011

Make It Monday #26: Sympathy Card





Greetings, all!  I always seem to get a very late start on my Papertrey Ink Make It Monday cards.  Must work on that.  Anyway here's my contribution:


I was thinking that the sentiment in PTI's Year of Flowers: Roses would be perfect for a sympathy card about a woman, with a little editing.  So I inked up all but the first two words ("You make") and hand-wrote the "She made" part.  The rest of the card is very simple--just the rose stamped in Brilliance Moonlight opaque white ink on kraft, tiny butterfly (Martha Steward punch), detail shading added with a white charcoal pencil, plus tiny pearls.

That's all for today, thanks for looking!

Cyndie

6 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful card! I love the sentiment you created! Love the kraft and white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very touching card...love the sentiment (clever editing!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant and simple Cyndie. The rose looks wonderful with just that touch more detail and I love the change in sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a great job changing the sentiment (great idea, by the way!)-- I thought the stamp came that way! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndie I want you to know how grateful I am that you have tagged me for the Liebster Blog Award. My blog is just a baby at this point and I feel so honored by your guesture. I look forward to many blog hops and challenges in the future! By the way...your card wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for alerting me to the mention on the MIM post - would never have thought to look.

    I hope you are doing a WMS card - waiting for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!