Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Make It Monday #27: Cracked Glass


I got excited when I saw the newest Papertrey Ink Make It Monday video--Cracked Glass.  This is a technique I just recently tried for the first time, and I really like it!  I decided to combine this challenge with the Just Add Ink 69-- Just Add Fussy Cutting challenge since the image I had in mind required VERY fussy cutting!  Here it is:


This little image is from the PTI Autumn Abundance set.  I stamped it on PTI Stamper's Select White, colored it in with Copics (used an SU basic black pen to color the edges), cut it out with a craft knife, and applied the cracked glass technique as shown in the video.  I used Ranger Antique Linen over the top to highlight the cracks.  The sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Basics set, and the background paper came from a K & Company stack (I applied Antique Linen around the edges).  I'll leave you with a closeup of the flowers so you can better see the cracks:



Thanks for looking!

Cyndie

12 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the technique. I love the simplicity of the card, just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just love your cracked vase! it is very pretty too, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great!!! I tried to do the challenge and couldn't get it how I wanted it. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so simple, understated and beautiful. The colours are so vibrant and Autumn Abundance is another one of my favourite sets, though hadn't thought to use it quite like this. Looks like I am up for a little more colouring practice to CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is BEAUTIFUL, Cyndie!! Gorgeous card; I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Cyndie! l love the cracked glass technique, thanks for playing at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful Cyndie! I hope to have time to create a challenge card this week...it's been crazy busy for the last few days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love how you added the cracked glass technique to the vase! So clever! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat vase. I love the way you trimmed your ribbon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stunning and elegant...love you clean lined look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is adorable. The cracking makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!