Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 2011 Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz!


Yike!  The theme for this month's Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz is masculine cards.  A thing I struggle with as do many others if what I'm reading is true.  I happen to need a supply of masculine-themed Get Well cards, for reasons I can't bear to go into right now.  So I put on the thinking cap and combed my WMS stamps for "get well" sentiments (often the most difficult part of the card in my opinion--I want to get it right!).  I do think the "Slainte" sentiment in Irish Blessings can be used for this purpose, so here's what I did with it:


Got to use my new Off Beat Backgrounds set to make the plaid background (I used the larger plaid bar on white card stock).  The sentiment was stamped onto thick white cardstock (PTI Stamper's Select) then die cut with a star from Spellbinders' Stars Five nesties.  The same star was cut out of the background plaid.  Wrapped the plaid with ribbon then popped it up on pop dots; the sentiment was adhered onto the blue cardstock to exactly match the cut hole.  The charm was made from shrink plastic using the star in Sewing Box - Hugs;  it was colored on the back with permanent marker and on the sides with white acrylic paint, then sewed to the ribbon.  The ink, ribbon, and blue cardstock came from Stampin Up (retired, Bayou Blue).

So, I hope you are enjoying the waltz so far--on to the next stop!

Cyndie

16 comments:

  1. I like this a lot!! The homemade plaid paper is fabulous and I love the little shrinkie star and star window - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cyndie, this is a cute card!! Definitely perfect for a guy ;) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CYNDIE!!!!! You are getting too clever at this, AND you have your new release stamps before me (I guess they have to travel abit further). This is so good and so perfect for a masculine card, I will be CASing this one.

    Before you know it you will be on a design team and I will be horribly jealous (no, very happy for you).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design on this Cyndie! love the cut out star and the beautiful plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Cyndie. I love the star detail and your gingham background is so well stamped!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the plaid background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crisp, clean, and oh so striking!! Fabulous card!! LOVE your super background with your stitched star!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Cyndie! Your plaid is stamped perfectly and I love the little star charm that you created. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, I like the plaid you created. The punched out window is a nice effect too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great minds think alike Cyndie!!! I used the same gingham!!!!!!! I love your wee star aperture and the tiny star charm, AND I love the Christmas card right before this one!!! Gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for waltzing along with us at WMS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply 'starring'. Sure it took some time to get that plaid so perfect...any hints?
    The shrinky star is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your plaid and still need to get that set! Great shrinky star and I love the cut out heart! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the plaid! Everything co-ordinates really well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No way! You stamped that background?! It looks like patterned paper. The colors are perfect choices and your card design is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the background and the star cutout.. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!