Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Waltzingmouse 2nd Birthday Tea Party

This is so exciting!  Waltzingmouse is celebrating her 2nd birthday with a Tea Party!  The guests are invited to bring their own special tea cups, bags, cupcakes, etc.  So here's my Belleek-style teacup and saucer:


For this cup the Waltzingmouse Tea Cup Template was used, cut from white card stock.  I'm ashamed to say I bought this template months ago and this is the first time I've actually used it--too lazy!  But this was certainly the time to get it going!  I was trying to make the cup look like a piece of Belleek china to match this cute little Belleek creamer jug that I've had for I don't know how long.  Also tried the Cracked Glass technique for the first time, since I wanted to give the cup a real aged feel.  The outer cup cardstock was colored with a Dick Blick Antique White marker and the handle and interior were colored with a Light Maize marker.  The images were stamped using the Irish Blessings set, using Stampin Up Garden Green and Certainly Celery markers.  The texture between the shamrocks was added using a Cuttlebug embossing border from the Just My Type set.  The golden glow of the inside of the teacup was added using Versamark and PearlEx interference gold mica powder.  Then all the pieces (except the tabs) were stamped with Versamark and 2-3 coats of clear ultrathick embossing power were added.  The pieces were put in the freezer for about 5 minutes then removed and flexed to crack the clear embossing layer.  Then 1/8" Scor-Tape was used on the tabs to assemble the pieces.  I decided not to add the footer piece that came in the template because it was a feature not seen on the Belleek pieces I was trying to mimic.

When finished the whole piece was almost as heavy as a real teacup with all that embossing powder, and seemed solid enough to hold tea!

Enjoy the rest of the party, everyone!

Cyndie


16 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic technique - it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Such a lot of work involved in your teacup and saucer - but so worth it! This is just lovely - looks like china!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndie,
    Love it! It sure does look like a real Belleek piece. I bet you could put it in the china cabinet and fool everybody!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, this is gorgeous! Great, great job. It looks real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Cyndie! It does look just like China, just needs a good strong cup of tea now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thats really cool. Love the yellow interior.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Cyndie!! It's a beautiful tea set. I think it looks so real. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is stunning, Cyndie! Being a native of Northern Ireland and knowing a bit about Belleek pottery, this certainly could pass for the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a gorgeous teacup and saucer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cyndie,this looks stunning!!! Gorgeous teacup!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, that's a great tea cup, it looks like real! And it perfectly matches the creamer jug.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!This is fabulous! I have bought the template too, and am itching to play with it, but unfortunately work keeps interrupting my play time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!! I LOVE that you embossed!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't get over this!!!! absolutely stunning!!!!! I keep coming back to peep! thank you for joining our tea party and Good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such talent! It's a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!