Thursday, June 23, 2011

Make It Monday #20: Reverse Masking


 Greetings, all!  I've been out of circulation for a little while, here's a little project to get me back in the swing.  This was done for the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday series (#20, Reverse Masking).  I had to really scratch my head on this one to come up with a stamp shape I could use as an outline.  Here's what I ended up with:


The basket stamp from PTI Vintage Picnic was used to create the outline (those bumps on the sides are the handles).  The edges were sponged with Ranger Antique Linen distress ink, then stamped with various birthday greetings from Birthday Basics.  The apples came from the Vintage Picnic set, and were colored in with Copic markers.  The background paper is Cosmo Cricket Cherry Pie, and the red borders were cut from SU Real Red cardstock using Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents.  The button came from a stash saved by my great-grandmother, and given to me by my mother for card making.

I'm not totally happy with how it turned out but at some point you just have to call it done.  Anyway, have a nice day!

Cyndie


8 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to display those sentiments on the basket! Fabulous card.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clever girl. The basket looks terrific and the colouring of the apples just brilliant. I haven't seen that spellbinders die but it is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fresh and clean! I love the red and green, and your reverse masking looks terrific. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the picnic basket for your reverse masking. Beautful coloring on your apples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Cyndie! You did a great job...I love the bright red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it turned out GREAT! That basket is a fun shape- and love the words stamped within the mask! Moxie Fab just started a challenge using beautiful borders today...I'd say this qualifies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That basket almost looks like a paper bag, very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! The apples are so cute - your coloring is great! And it looks like a paper grocery bag - how perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!