Saturday, June 25, 2011

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

It's Papertrey Blog Hop time!  This one really had me scratching my head--the challenge was to use this inspiration photo in a project:


I tend to save my best project ideas for blog hops because it's such a fun time, and if you don't already know this about me, I tend to specialize in three-dimensional projects more than in flatter (i.e., card) projects.  Here's what I thought of as soon as I saw the inspiration photo:


Here's how it was made:

Eight colors of SU card stock were used to make the beads:  a 1" x 3" strip of each color (Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava, Rose Romance, Purely Pomegranate, Bliss Blue, and Tempting Turquoise) was run through the Xyron then trimmed to a long triangle using deckle edge scissors.  Short 1/2" pieces of very small plastic straws were placed on the sticky long end, and rolled up to the short end, securing with a little tacky glue.

The pendant was made by stamping the quilt motif from PTI's Quilter's Sampler onto PTI Stamper's Select White card stock, and coloring in with Copic markers.  The motif was punched out with a 3/4" square punch and sandwiched between two pieces of 1" square glass microscope slides.  Brass adhesive foil was wrapped around the glass, enclosing a handmade 20 ga wire bail.  The pieces were strung onto fine leather cord, which was attached to the clasp findings by whipping 30 ga brass wire around the loop.

I hope you enjoyed this project, now hop along to the next stupendous creation!

Cyndie

  

11 comments:

  1. Amazing design -- LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love your paper beads;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndie this is wonderful...what a fun and creative take on the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. Love the paper beads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knew you would come up with something amazing. And quilting blocks again, this set has certainly earned its keep at your place. Will you wear it or give it away?

    PS my butterflies are actually flourishes, but I can't claim the idea was completely my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Cyndie! What a fun and unique project! I can certainly see how it was inspired by the photo! Your creativity impresses me every blog hop! Happy June Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! Love that you made your own paper beads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredible...I love the beads. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! The colors are awesome! Will look great with a colorful summer dress!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. Wow!!!! Just...wow! I love this and I love that you go 3D rather than making cards.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!