Friday, June 24, 2011

Some Challenges

  Hi blog folks!  Here's a card I did this morning in hopes of submitting it for the Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge before the deadline.  I think I'm gonna make it!  I'm also submitting it for the CR84FN32 challenge (aqua, green, yellow) and the iCopic challenge #35 (Anything But White).








  This week Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenges is celebrating their 52 week anniversary by allowing folks to choose their favorite challenge sketch from the past year, and I chose this one (WMSC46) because I had wanted to do a doily for this sketch but my doily stamps had not arrived yet (I received them the very next day!).


Here's my card:


I just love the look of Copics on kraft, and these stamps give a really cool stained glass effect when colored in.  Waltzingmouse stamps used were:  Dainty Doilies 2 Small, and Rescue Remedies Additions.  Copics used were: BG15, Y18, and YG25 (I chose a yellow-green instead of green because they looked more "green" on the kraft cardstock.  The black stamping was done using Memento Tuxedo Black.

I can't remember the last time I did a one-layer card.  It's probably good to do one once in a while and not depend so much on all those embellishments.  Anyhow, thanks for looking!

Cyndie




11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Cyndie! Love how you added color to the WM doily! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! I love how gorgeously graphic and CAS this is! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the richness of the colors! Glad you joined us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always stunning Cyndie. You're right the green does look "greener" on kraft, and those wonderful doilies, we just can't get enough of them can we.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndie, you are so right! The copics on kraft DO look like stained glass! STUNNING CAS card! LOVE those WS stamps! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh that coloring is FABULOUS! You are so right, it just POPS against the kraft background, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love clean and simple designs, and your card is just fabulous! These doilies look amazing coloured in!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool use of the stamps and colour, glad you got to play this sketch with your doily stamps, I was in the same boat, but happy I have these stamps now all the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just perfect! I could look at your card all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful coloring of the doily. You did a great job combining both challenges. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!