Friday, June 17, 2011

Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz and WMSC51

Today's card is doing double duty:  I created it for the June 2011 Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz, using the sketch from WMSC51 sketch challenge as a guide:


And here's the card:


The Blog Waltz theme this month is Americana/July 4th, and while I don't need a July 4th card I thought I could do a Thank You card (always handy!) using patriotic colors and a sort of firework theme.  (All of my cards get used--there are no freeloaders here!)  The pinwheels were made by stamping doilies in craft ink onto vellum cardstock then clear embossing, cutting four slits, and twisting into the usual pinwheel shape, securing with tiny brads to which I've added Jolee's Jewels.  The tips were trimmed with scissors.

Waltzingmouse sets used:  Dainty Doilies 2 Small, Rescue Remedies Additions, Pic Nic Patterns, Sewing Box Christmas (under the pearl).
Ink:  Brilliance Moonlight, SU Brilliant Blue craft (retired), Real Red craft; Bashful Blue classic.
Paper:  White, Real Red, Brilliant Blue, vellum cardstock.
Other:  White embossing powder, half pearl, Jolee's Jewels Swarovski crystals.

So, I hope you are enjoying the Waltz--now on to the next breathtaking creation...

Cyndie


15 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea to use the doily stamps to make the pinwheels! Great design Cyndie and I love how well you stamped the background.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you think outside the box every time. This looks amazing, I take it you won't be sending it through the post!!! I can see another top mouse award coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab the windmills are superb! Love love love it

    Happy Waltzing

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little windmills are so sweet - and such a good idea to make a thank you card with the colours of the theme! I do like that background - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed, where everybody found stars - love your bg and the windmills are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun pinwheels! love your two color stamping on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love the pinwheels, a wonderful use of these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect, fun Americana card! love the pin wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh what a fun way to make printed pinwheels, sooo coool! They are PERFECT with that background from Pic-Nic Patterns!! Love how you chose to highlight a few little red ones. GREAT job with the sketch of the week, AND the waltz theme! (It appears I required many CAPITAL letters in my comment, heeee!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea!! I love the pinwheel and your card is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Love the use of the pin wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card. Love the stamped background and the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the embossing you did and those pinwheels are so cute! Great job on the sketch this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luv the pinwheels and the designs stamped on them.
    the addition of that pearl and the tiny stamp behind it is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card. Love the pinwheels - fantastic idea! And I love the dash of red in your Pic-Nic Patterns background.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!