Saturday, June 4, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #50 and Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger


 


Much as I love this week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger image, I couldn't come up with anything until now.  The colors seem to fit very well with this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #50, so I combined the two:


I wanted to use two patterned papers that had the same images only reversed, in blue and white.  Couldn't find anything in my stash, so I made my own.  The only thing I didn't get in was the touch of pink, which I just couldn't seem to get into this card without disturbing the symmetry, which for some reason I wanted.  Anyway, this card was made using Waltzingmouse sets Rescue Remedies (white embossed image on metal die cut) and Rescue Remedies Additions (patterned papers and sentiment).  The die cuts were done using Spellbinders Floral Doily Accents and Floral Doily Motifs dies.  The cardstock is Stampin Up (Not Quite Navy, Blue Bayou) and PTI (Stamper's Select White).  Ink used was Brilliance Moonlight, Stampin Up Not Quite Navy craft, and Ranger Broken China.  White silk ribbon and blue-green rhinestones finished off the card.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie


11 comments:

  1. Love the striking blues in this and the little silver flower at the bottom. Glad you had a go at Tuesday Trigger, I knew you would come up with something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty in that color scheme, Cyndie! I love the little bow accent you made with the Rescue Remedies circle. The stamping is deliciously elegant, looks just like patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, so elegant and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty!! love how you used the tuesday trigger colors for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I love the reverse effect with the papers and stamping. It is perfect as it is, but if you did want to add just a hint of pink you could just tint the edges round the sentiment. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog - very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design for the trigger and the sketch Cyndie! love the deep blue on this and the lovely sentiment framing! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little rhinestones peeking out from behind the label! And that bloom at the bottom - gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this...absolutely amazing embellishment ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cyndie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful card, so well put together, Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an elegant and beautiful card - I think the papers look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!