Tuesday, June 28, 2011

WMSC53 and CR84FN (again!)



Hi Folks!  I wanted to do a challenge card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge #53, and decided to use the colors from CR84FN32 again.  My card is very simple:




I think this darling Sewing Box Hugs set from Waltzingmouse looks best if not overdressed!  I also used the WMS Pic Nic Patterns for the background, stamping in Versamark and embossing with pale yellow embossing powder.  The patterned papers came from DCWV ("Citrus") and Memory Box ("Jubilee"), and the eye of the bird is an aqua Jolee's Jewel hotfix crystal.  The ribbon is seam binding colored yellow with Copic Y11.  The sentiment was stamped with black pigment ink.

Yes, as usual I'm the last person on the planet to pick up on a trend:  I just bought a reel of seam binding after seeing so many cool things done with it.  I LOVE this stuff!  I think the shininess of it is what hooked me, it just looks so rich!  I'll try not to overuse it in my future cards but it will be a struggle...

Thanks for looking--have a nice day!

Cyndie


9 comments:

  1. Very sweet card Cyndie...love the little stitched look bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love the way you split the sentiment and your fun take on the sketch! Way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors on this are so cheery! Perfect for that little bird. Love the stamped border and the way you used the sentiment image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Cindy! Love the darling bird and your fabric sentiment banner strips! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So cute! Love the bird with banners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect use of space and the sketch, love everything about this one, well done!!

    Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I really like this! The paper pieced bird is just so cute, and I like the way you've stamped the sentiment on the ribbon! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super fun! The colors are just eye catching! What a wonderful take on the sketch! So glad you could share it with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your win!! Wonder what set you will pick, one of the new ones maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!