Sunday, June 12, 2011

WMSCCC06 Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge







 So here we are, half way through the year on the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenges, and I've been trying to keep up.  This month's challenge was to use a fancy bow on a Christmas card.  I hope this qualifies as a bow; I decided to make mine with beads:


I won't tell you how long I fussed with these beads--suffice it to say that I'm far from satisfied at how they came out but after breaking countless glass and crimp beads I finally settled for this.  The beads were strung on Beadalon beading wire then stitched to the card with invisible thread.

Waltzingmouse sets used on this card:  Dainty Doilies 2 Small, Sewing Box Christmas, and Pic Nic Patterns.  I am SO happy with these sets which were all from my most recent order.  They are just the coolest.

The doily was stamped using SU Real Red craft ink onto white silk fabric, and heat-fixed with heat tool. It was glued in place over a circle of quilt batting to give the ornament dimension (hard to see in this photo, see the one below).  In the center is a hotfix Jolee's Jewel.  Then a ring of Real Red cardstock was stamped with another different doily then cut with Spellbinders Classic Circles, and the whole assembly was centered in a hole cut in the SU Certainly Celery cardstock.  Merry Christmas was stamped in Close To Cocoa craft, and the Pic Nic pattern was stamped in Certainly Celery.  There are score lines from left to right, framing the greeting, but they are hard to see here.   Corner rounders finished the job.

That's all for now, thanks for looking!

Cyndie


1 comment:

  1. A bow can be many things, including beads, so I reckon yours absolutely qualifies. The stamping on the silk and raising it makes it look like a real bauble and therefore far more interesting.

    As usual Cyndie, you have raised the bar very high. Wanted to play along with this challenge but I got too far behind. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!