Saturday, July 30, 2011

ICopic Weekly Challenge #40

Hi Folks!  Just a quick project to enter into the iCopic weekly challenge #40, which is to make anything but a card--one of my "areas of strength," as my former employer used to say during annual results reviews (although I must admit he wasn't referring to my hobbies at the time).  For my project I decided to make a piece of jewelry.  This simple pendant is made by stamping on a Scrabble tile with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloring in with Copic markers--simple as that!


The stamp set used was Papertrey Ink's Vintage Picnic.  After stamping and coloring, the sides were covered with gold Chartpak tape, and the finding on the back was glued on.  The pendant is hanging from a leather cord to which clasp findings have been attached.  The photo above makes it look very big but in fact the pendant itself is only about 3/4" square.

Here's a tip:  I got the Scrabble tiles directly from the game manufacturer Hasbro's replacement parts division for only $6.50 for 100 tiles including four racks and a tile pouch, by printing up their form and sending it with a check.  I received the tiles in less than two weeks and I thought it was a really good price and service.  Not paid by these folks by the way, just a satisfied customer.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie


4 comments:

  1. What a stunning job Cyndie. Great idea to stamp on a tile (with all those extras, Christmas presents this year?) your cards are wonderful but your jewellery is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cyndie...this is WONDERFUL! Great bargain on those tiles,thanks for the tip. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your necklace is so cute! And I'm so glad to find out about the Hasbro replacement parts...the things you learn about on crafting blogs. I need to get some Monopoly houses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome!! Love your book! Thanks so much for playing with iCopic!
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    www.thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!