Thursday, July 21, 2011

Make It Monday #24: Dry Brushing


So, this week's Make It Monday challenge from Papertrey Ink is to use dry brushing on a card.  Hmmmmm.  To my knowledge, I've not tried this technique before so it should be interesting, at least.  Here's what I came up with:





I was going for a "Framed Painting On A Wallpapered Wall" look.  The PTI set Autumn Abundance was used.  The background pattern was stamped on honey-colored handmade Japanese paper then colored in with alcohol markers.  Then it was dry-brushed on all edges with gold acrylic paint (didn't want it to be too contrasty and obvious).  The vase and sentiment were stamped on SU vanilla card stock.  The frame was die cut (Spellbinders deckled rectangles) from a paper made from real wood (from my stash--came from the same shop in Chicago that I got the Japanese paper from, at least 20 years ago!).  The sentiment was die cut (Spellbinders petite ovals) and dry-brushed with a dried-up old Krylon gold pen, then backed with a petite scalloped oval die cut in black.  Everything is popped up on dimensional dots.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie


4 comments:

  1. It looks exactly like a framed picture on a papered wall!! Looks amazing, and might I say, your colouring is pretty good too. Don't you love Japanese paper, I don't get to use mine nearly enough. So many wonderful textures on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this card! So neat that you used a real wood frame, is that what you dry brushed? I love the black and gold. You used some amazing textures in this card,Nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndie,Cyndie,Cyndie...this is wonderful! I love the tiny dry brushed edge on the sentiment oval!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Cyndie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!