Friday, July 1, 2011

Make It Monday Masking

Here's a little square card that I made for the Make It Monday: Polaroid 2-step Masking challenge.  I wasn't going to post it since I'm not really happy with it--I think it's the colors--but my husband liked it so I thought, what the hey.  Here's the card:


The masks were cut from a piece of adhesive masking film, using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One dies.  The paper was handmade by me using blue jean fibers and flecks of gold leaf.  I made it some time ago using a kit, and thought it might be useful for this project.  So, the inside mask was placed first, and sponged around the edges with Brilliance Moonlight ink, then the outside mask was applied (inside mask removed), and the images from PTI's Wonderfully Whimsical were stamped in black Memento ink and colored in with Copics.  Also, the internal edges were darkened by sponging Versamark ink around the edges.  The Happy Birthday banner seemed a bit dark so I stamped it on separate white paper (did this with the window as well) and colored in with Copics for a little extra pop.  The pink heart was punched out of pink cardstock and made 3-dimensional with Dimensional Glaze (doesn't show in the photo).  The background cardstock is Stampin Up Green Galore, embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.

Thanks for looking!

Cyndie


2 comments:

  1. Cyndie I love the whimsy of this card...super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come up with the most amazing techniques. I think I tried making paper at school, not too successfully I might add. Very cheerful card.

    Been to WMS yet? It has been a very expensive release for me, they are all so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!