Saturday, July 23, 2011

Papertrey Stamp-A-Faire 1,3,4,5,7

Whew!  I'm exhausted!  Forgot until this morning about the Stamp-A-Faire at Papertrey that was going to issue a series of challenges, and I wasn't ready for it.  Decided to give it a go anyway, and cranked out a few cards faster than I've ever done them!  I'm afraid the hurry shows, but it was kinda fun anyway.  Here they are, in order of the challenges I did:

Challenge #1:  Create a pattern strip from stamps:


Stamps used:  Quilter's Sampler; Card stock:  SU Sahara Sand, Creamy Caramel; Ink: Sahara Sand, Copics;  Embellishments:  tiny buttons.

Challenge #3:  Cut a window in card and tie a ribbon from window to edge of card:


Stamps:  Vintage Picnic; Card stock:  SU So Saffron, white; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics; Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Ovals, SU oval punch;  Embossing folder:  Cuttlebug Swiss Dots; Ribbon:  seam binding dyed with Copic markers.

Challenge #4:  Color challenge (Ripe Avocado, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores & Enchanted Evening):


Stamps:  Autumn Abundance; Card Stock:  SU Not Quite Navy, white; Patterned Paper:  DCWV Citrus; Ink:  Black, alcohol markers (Copic & Dick Blick); Embellishments: ribbon from stash, Clay Bord cut to 2"x2", on which the flowers were stamped.  Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 1, Tim Holtz Brackets.

Challenge #5:  Create faux border from solid stamp:
Now this one was really a challenge for me because I don't have any solid stamps from Papertrey.  The closest I could come was the solid car stamp from Enjoy The Ride;  I stamped the upper windshield area in red along the side of the card:

Stamps:  Enjoy The Ride, Vintage Picnic (tiny star); Card stock:  white, red Martha Stewart crepe paper, linen textured grey card stock from stash; Patterned Paper:  yellow from DCWV Citrus; Die:  Enjoy The Ride, Spellbinders stars; Ink:  Black, SU Real Red, So Saffron.

Challenge #7:  Layer images from different sets:
When I saw Betsy Veldman's jaw-droppingly lovely card made for this challenge, I just had to CASE it, colors and all.  I didn't have the same sets or dies, but just about everything else is copied:


Stamps:  Fancy Flourishes, Wonderfully Whimsical, Vintage Picnic, Mega Mixed Messages; Card Stock:  SU Certainly Celery, white; Ink:  SU Rose Romance, Pretty In Pink, black.  Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 1; Embellishments:  SU button, white silk ribbon.

Of course my cards are not a patch on the Papertrey challenge ones, but it was fun anyway.  Don't know if I'll get a chance to do the other five challenges before the deadline, so I decided to post these for now.

Have a nice day!

Cyndie






6 comments:

  1. My goodness there must be smoke coming off your ink pads. They are all divine and every bit as good as the designers (don't undersell yourself). I actually think your take on Betsy's card is better, brighter and more interesting with the flourishes. After all this hard work you will need a big rest come Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job on every one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW CYNDIE!!! Love them all but #2 is my favorite :) Smitten with the dotted swiss and the lovely flowers !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours is the only response to Betsy's challenge that I have seen. Jaw dropping is the right description of yours as well. In fact, each of your entries is equally beautiful. I am so impressed with your SPEED and CREATIVITY. Thanks for all of the inspiration. I'll be back to your post for more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! You rocked all of these challenges!! I LOVE the window card and your take on Betsy's challenge. I love all of your designs!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!