Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thank You Waltzingmouse!

About a week ago I won a free stamp set from Waltzingmouse as a participant in the WMS Sketch Challenge.  Yay!  And the set I chose, "Say It Loud," arrived yesterday.  Double Yay!  So of course I need to make a thank you card for this talented and generous lady, Claire Brennan.  I wanted to use one of the stamps in the set for the card, and here's what I came up with:


The "Thanks" (minus the little squiggle on the left of the T) was stamped with Stazon Black on SU vellum paper, along with the ornament from the Rescue Remedies Additions set.  Then the backside was colored in with Copic markers.  The front was embellished with gold leaf (I applied Plaid foil adhesive with a 5/0 brush, then stuck the gold leaf down) to give the whole thing the look of an illuminated manuscript.  The front half of the card was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder (Divine Swirls) then the vellum was stuck down on top and bottom with 1/8" Scor-Tape.  To hide the adhesive, a line of ChartPak 1/8" gold foil tape was run along the top and bottom.

Since this card mainly features stamping, I've decided to submit it for the Moxie Fab World Stamp It! Cards Week Challenge.  And Claire, if you happen to see this posting before you receive the original in the mail:  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Cyndie


5 comments:

  1. What an amazing job you have done!!! i couldn't work out why the background was "soft" looking but that is a brilliant idea. You won't regret your stamp choice, mine arrived in the mail today and can't wait to use them (most likely for the latest Trigger Tuesday). Think Rescue Remedies maybe on my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cyndie! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!! I love how soft it looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow , This is amazing , beautiful and very elegant . Thanks for the Moxie Fab World tip Cyndie. I went ahead and entered the challenge. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is just amazing. I saw this over on the gallery and my jaw literally dropped! A stunning card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!