Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 54





Greetings Earthlings!  For my card today I wanted to use the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 54 sketch, which it turns out is perfect for the two stylized doves in Celtic Heritage:



All the stamps used on this card came from the Celtic Heritage set.  The background was made by stamping the large half lunette in SU Certainly Celery ink on Certainly Celery cardstock.  The doves were colored in with Dick Blick markers.  The braided ribbon came from my stash.  I sponged Versamark ink around the edges of the card (too bad I didn't think of that BEFORE I glued everything down!).

Thanks for looking!

Cyndie


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card, love the coloring of the doves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful Cyndie. You have made such great use of this stamp set over the past month or so - maybe another one I "need". The doves look terrific.

    Congratulations, on your honourable mention too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Cyndie...love the texture the braided ribbon adds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweet card, and so pretty in this bright green! The background stamping is perfect, and I love the braided ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so lovely - I adore all shades of green and it works so well with the Celtic designs. I really like how you've coloured the sweet birds. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely message, it has been a wild ride but we are hopefully back in the groove of card making (oh, and work next week).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! I love the colored doves and background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Celtic card!! Thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Cyndie - this is really outstanding. I love the background pattern you created, and your braided trim looks fantastic on this project. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!