Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Challenge (JAI 81) and Some Quick Cards

Greetings, folks!  I have not posted many cards lately, but today I have a few.  Many of them were done quickly because for some reason I need a lot of sympathy cards for deceased pets (two cats and one dog, three different owners!).  Sad.  Some of the animals had been in the family 20 years--it's so hard to let them go.  Anyway, the first card is for one of the cat owners (a guy, so I didn't "foof" up the card much).  I decided to do a challenge for this one, and the challenge I chose is Just Add Ink's challenge #81 (colors):



Cajun Craze and Peach Parfait are newer colors that I don't have in my arsenal, so I made do with patterned papers that were close.   The design of this card is very similar to one I did for PTI's Make It Monday.  (Being lazy, I guess).

Card specs:
Stamps:  Stampin Up Sincere Salutations, Waltzingmouse Pic Nic Patterns (pattern on butterfly)
Card Stock:  SU Very Vanilla, SU Bashful Blue, DCWV Citrus, CDWV Adhesive Mat Stack
Ink:  SU Close To Cocoa
Tools:  Spellbinders Labels 21, Petite Ovals Small, Petite Scalloped Ovals Small, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Mike's $1 cat punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder (Damask)
Embellishments:  Jolee's Jewels hotfix crystals light sapphire.


The next card is for another cat owner.  This one features a tiny "cat angel" stamp from an Inkadinkadoo set called Cats Galore:


The image was stamped in SU Bashful Blue craft ink, cut out, mounted on a Spellbinders Labels One die cut (from SU Night Of Navy), which was mounted on a Labels 21 die cut of embossed Bashful Blue.  Look familiar?  It's what was left from the center of the card above.  See?  Lazy!  The outline was traced in SU Brilliant Blue marker around the outside of the die.  The sentiment comes from SU's Hope For Comfort set.  There's a tiny bit of glitter on the butterfly, which was stamped with a MS punch.



And lastly, I have an ongoing need for Get Well/Thinking Of You cards (about one a week) so I needed to do one of those as well (still haven't done the dog card--need to get on that...). 



 This card was done really fast as I had colored the border quite some time ago, right after taking the Copic certification class (practicing!).  It's from a retired SU set called Nature's Seasonal Borders.  The sentiment came from Waltzingmouse's Say It Loud set.  Background paper is from DCWV Adhesive Mat Stack, and the brads were from my stash.

Thanks for your patience, and have a nice day!

Cyndie





2 comments:

  1. I like the depth of image in your card using the Just Add Ink colour challenge. Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Cyndie, the framed layers look fab, well done with the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!