Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Make It Monday #29: Freestyle Copic Coloring


 Greetings fellow blog browsers!  Today I have a card that is my attempt to do the latest Make It Monday challenge:  freestyle Copic coloring as ably demonstrated by Betsy Veldman.




I used the Vintage Picnic set, and the white paper is a very soft, thick Letterpress paper which I thought might be good for what I wanted to do.  After stamping the images in Memento Tuxedo Black, I used Copics to paint broad strokes of color in the right areas of the image, then used a toothbrush dipped in isopropanol to spritz the image and encourage the color to spread.  After drying, a colorless blender was used to push back color that had spread too far.  It's different, but I kinda like it.  The background papers of the card were Black cardstock from PTI, and DP from DCWV's Cafe Mediterranean collection.  Black lace and mini ricrac, and black and orange rhinestone stickers finished off the card.  Because this card is for a man (as are nearly all my Get Well cards), I wasn't inclined to "frou-frou" it up too much.  I figure I'm getting away with a lot, using lace.

Here's a closeup of the image so you can see the texture of this paper:

Cool, huh?  I think I will be trying this paper again in future projects.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie




9 comments:

  1. Love it Cyndie! Those little pumpkins are SUPER CUTE. Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the way this looks! very soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the watery effect you achieved. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done Cyndie, you have made a messy technique look not messy at all (which is probably why I won't attempt this one). The colours are great and one of our mutually favourite stamp sets - what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique! Really like the your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun technique, I too saw that post and it intrigued me - I may be brave enough to give it a go now I've seen your beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and I love this set.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!