Monday, August 29, 2011

Make It Monday #30


Okay, so I was watching Jennifer's video of the Make It Monday technique for this week ("use colored pencils") and here's an example of how you can forget the technology:  I was watching it on my laptop and I actually blew on the screen to try to move the colored pencil dust off the image while she was coloring.  Duhhhh!

Anyway, I decided to do some jewelry this time:


These pendants were made by stamping some of the images from Vintage Picnic on PTI Stamper's Select card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, coloring in with Prismacolor pencils (I blended with the pencils themselves rather than Gamsol since the images were so small), and cutting out to fit on wooden Scrabble tiles.  Glued them on with Diamond Glaze, then sealed with a thin coat of Mod-Podge.  There is a shiny resin coating that doesn't show in the photo--for that I used Lisa Pavelka Magic-Glos UV resin, and cured them in the sun for 15 minutes or so.  The pendant bails came from Fuseworks (Diamond Tech)--they are manufactured for putting on the back of dichroic glass pendants.  The photo above makes the pendants look pretty big, but in fact they are only about 3/4" square.

That's it for now, thanks for looking and have a nice day!

Cyndie

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great job with the coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Cyndie...these are out of this world PRETTY!!! Love them all but the pumpkins are my FAV !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it such a wonderful idea. Beautiful blending too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an absolute wizz at this delicate jewellry. Do you give as gifts or hang them on your Christmas tree, I think I would. I have a set of Prisma pencils I haven't used yet maybe this is the week for it.

    Did hurricane Irene affect you, not really knowing where you are in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pendants! Thanks for the tip about using the pencils with oil. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. How funny that you tried to blow the pencil dust off the laptop. I would do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, love the colouring, very pretty pendants :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gift idea and what an interesting take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!