Friday, August 26, 2011

Sew, How's Things?





  Greetings, gang!  I created this card for the Cosmo Cricket challenge, which uses a sketch by Debbie Olson (I love every single card she has ever made).  Here's my take on the sketch:




I made this card as Debbie-esque as I could without stitching.  The DP is Cosmo Cricket's Cherry Pie.   The stamp set is one of my all-time favorites:  Sewing Box Hugs from Waltzingmouse. The flower stem motif from the set was used to create the wavy edge around the panels. The bird was paper-pieced from the DP and also from SU Real Red.   SU Sage Shadow (retired) is also used on the card.  The floral border is Spellbinders Floral Doily Accent, the seam binding was dyed red to match the card stock, and the pearls are from Kaisercraft.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie



6 comments:

  1. WOW I thought I was looking at a Debbie Olson card. Completely agree with you on Debbie's talent. The colours are so vibrant, and compliment the stamp set so well.

    Do as you are doing and don't combine too many challenges, I think I maybe limiting creativity abit and just becoming frustrated when it doesn't work. The Martha Stewart doily is a pre-cut doily, stamps pretty well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet Cyndie! The little stiched bird is adorable and I love the pretty border !!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card! Love the cute bird and fun color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is fresh and delightful--fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this stamp set and I can never get anything approaching how good you have made this look....wish I knew the secret...I'm hopeless at anything even approaching cute....that's the bottom line really, I am cutie challenged....it is out of my comfort zone but your card is so, so good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!