Sunday, September 18, 2011

Inspiration Showcase Row 1

Yippee! I'm taking Jennifer McGuire's very cool card making inspiration class Inspiration Showcase!  The class consists of making a series of motifs (in her case, hearts) for a 12" x 12" canvas.  Each motif showcases a different technique that can be used to create backgrounds, embellishments, and card designs. I'm having loads of fun, and I highly recommend taking the class (it will be available in read-only form after it ends on September 23).  So, after a short delay due to being out of town, I have finally created my first row of motifs.


I toyed with the idea of using either diamonds or butterflies for my motif, but really liked the hearts in Jennifer's canvas so much that I decided to just go with them.  I did shake things up on the colors, though.  I started from the opposite end of the color spectrum from what Jennifer chose.

Here's closeups of the hearts:

Heart 1: Traditional Resist  Stamps from K & Co., ink from Stampin Up, paper from stash, heart die from Spellbinders.


Heart 2: Paint Resist  Stamps from Anna Griffin and Martha Stewart, ink from Tim Holtz (Distress), acrylic pearl paint from Jaquard, punch from Martha Stewart, heart die from Spellbinders.


Heart 3: Trapped Embossed Resist   Stamps from Stampin Up and ? (text stamp), ink from Tim Holtz (Distress), heart die from Spellbinders, rose from Prima.






Heart 4: Canvas Resist   Stamp from Stampin Up, ink from Tim Holtz (Distress), white embossing powder from Stampendous, heart die from Spellbinders.



Heart 5: Kissed Resist   Stamps from Stampin Up, ink from Stampin Up and Tim Holtz, heart die from Spellbinders.


This was so much fun!  Haven't had time yet to try cards from these techniques, but I hope to incorporate them into my cardmaking very soon.  Meanwhile, thanks for looking and have a nice day!

Cyndie


2 comments:

  1. I love how your Row 1 has turned out! And the colours you have chosen compliment one another so well. I particularly like the navy butterfly, I think I have that stamp somewhere, so I might use it on a card when I get some time to play (still need those distress inks, perhaps even a couple of stains!).

    What a coincidence we are both chemists! Must be something to do with the need to use the creative side of the brain that we are so attracted to this hobby (all things creative in your case).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Maguire is such an inspiring person....ages ago (maybe a couple of years) she had technique classes for free on her blog....they were just amazing...and boy had she the knack of presenting it all so quickly but yet so understandably in such a short space of time...I love her work, and your interpretation of it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!