Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Inspiration Showcase Row 3

Greetings, friends!  I'm halfway through with the Inspiration Showcase class (see my earlier posts here and here), and now I have row 3 to present:


Today's hearts are all about distress inks and stains.  And let's get right to the closeups, shall we?


Heart 11: Pearlized Distress Resist, watercolor paper from Canson (Aquarelles Arches),  stamp from PTI, ink from Tim Holtz (distress), heart die from Spellbinders.  Pearlized water was made up from Pearl-Ex mica powder, water, and a few drops of gum arabic as a binder.  Seems to work well as a substitute for Perfect Pearls.


Heart 12: Distress Stamping (+ Felt Rose), stamp from Stampin Up, card stock from stash, ink from Tim Holtz (distress).  I had no felt, nor did I have the rose die, so I substituted a Prima flower colored with distress inks.


Heart 13: Stamping With Water + Metallic Paper,  white card stock from stash, stamp from Stampin Up, ink from Tim Holtz (distress).  I did not have the pumice colored distress ink to make the metallized embellishment, so I punched a flower (Martha Stewart) out of sticky-backed aluminum, rounded it with a ball burnisher, colored it with Copic markers, and glued a few black seed beads in the center.


Heart 14: Color Blend Stamping + Distress Dots, white card stock from stash, stamp from Stampin Up, inks from Tim Holtz (distress), blue crystals from stash.

Heart 15: Fingerinking + Distress Ink Watercoloring, white card stock from stash, ink from Tim Holtz (flower) and Stampin Up reinkers (heart), punch from Martha Stewart, black embossing powder from stash.
And there you have it--Row 3!

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie


2 comments:

  1. Another batch of beauties Cyndie! They're all pretty but I'm picking the butterfly heart as my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The just keep getting better - the favourites today are 1, 2 and 4, but I really love how you have coloured No. 2, the graduated colour with touches of green. So pleased you have run with this project, you are doing an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!