Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's In The Cards








Hello friends!  I have a simple card today for two challenges:  the Less Is More sketch challenge, and the Moxie Fab World Card Play challenge.  Here is the card:




I have had these super-cute mini cards in my stash for years, waiting for the perfect use for them, and here it is!  I chose cards that would qualify as a poor poker hand.  This particular card is intended for someone who is a fan of Jack London, and has certainly been dealt a poor hand lately.  The sentiment was found on the internet on a quotation website; I typeset it on the computer and printed it on white card stock.  The gingham background is PTI's Background Basics: Gingham.  Ink is SU Real Red.  A corner chomper was used to round the corners of the card to look like a big playing card.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie



8 comments:

  1. I like this a lot! I think the mini cards are super and the sentiment is lovely. I'm sure that the card will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Makes me want to sit down and shuffle a deck of cards and play a game of Rummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job. Isn't it funny how we keep things for so long then a challenge comes up for which it is perfect. The cards are a great touch.

    Looking forward to having a little creative time when we get home tomorrow. Have had a great time but nothing compares to home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card... I have some of these mini cards knocking around somewhere too... sadly I wouldn't know a good poker hand from a bad one!
    Great design and a fab card.
    Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever card - brilliant design for a man too which are always tricky!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... what a great idea for the card! It looks amazing and the sentiment just fits perfectly!

    Have a great day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific card Cyndie
    Good to see you
    Thank you LIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cyndie! Thanks for linking this up to the Card Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!