Tuesday, September 6, 2011

JAI 83 Challenge, Sympathy Card




 Greetings all!

My sister lost her beloved dog to a stroke.  I wanted to send her a sympathy card, and I also wanted to do the JAI 83 sketch challenge.  Here's what I came up with:


I really wanted to do this sketch and I must have worked over the card with three different backgrounds and multiple embellishments what would have been more in keeping with the actual sketch.  But all the embellies kept distracting from the simple image and message of the card which I thought was important to preserve.  So in the end I just did a plain background (SU Certainly Celery cards stock sponged with Versamark for shading).  The whimsical tree is from PTI's Wonderfully Whimsical set, the dog is from SU's A Little Love set (retired), and the sentiment is from SU's Hope For Comfort set (might be retired, not sure).  The patterned paper was die cut with Spellbinders Pinked Circles and the seam binding was dyed with a Copic marker.

That's all for now, thanks for looking!

Cyndie

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Cyndie, the shaded background looks great! Sorry to read here of your sister's loss. These fury ones are such a big part of our lives, I'm sure her's will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think this is a lovely card and perfectly suits the intention. Very sad the loss of a family pet.

    Love the shaded background using Versamark, must give that a try one day soon.

    Thanks for joining us over at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card, Cyndie. I'm sure it will mean a lot to your sister. I, too, love the Versamark sponging; what a great idea, to add some subtle detail/depth to the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card to send to your sister at this time. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week. I too will have to try that Versamark sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndie thanks for your comment on my card at The Stamp Spot blog. All your cards are amazing! I love your neat clean lines, and your choice of colour is supurb! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So appropriate Cyndie, and to think I nearly missed it. Love all the elements you have used and I am sure your sister will love it too. It is a very difficult time when you lose an animal, they are such a part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, what a sweet card Cyndie! I'm a dog lover so this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!