Sunday, September 18, 2011

Make It Monday #32, Stamping with Acrylic Paint

 Greetings all!  I just barely had time to put together a quick card for the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge #32, which is to stamp using acrylic paint.  I really wanted to do this, for two reasons:  I recently received a new shipment from PTI (wahoooo!) due to receiving birthday gift certificates, and also I am taking Jennifer McGuire's Inspiration Showcase class (check here to see my Row 1) and learning new techniques that are swirling around in my brain.  So all this added up to this card:


I used the paint resist technique for this card:  The flourishes from Fancy Flourishes were stamped with Jacquard pearl acrylic paint on glossy white card stock and inked over with Tim Holtz Wild Honey distress ink.  The seam binding was dyed with the same ink.  The flower was made using PTI's Bloom Builders #3 die on Orange Zest card stock (I got some of that luscious paper too!).  The sentiment came from Think Big Favorites #6, which was stamped with black craft ink on vellum card stock and embossed with clear embossing powder.  For some reason it came out with a faded, grayish look which actually looks pretty good on this card.  A citrine colored rhinestone in the center of the flower was the final touch.

Hope you enjoyed it, and have a nice day!

Cyndie


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall card Cyndie! Love the embossed sentiment and your new PTI floral die! The entire card is just so lovely and warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card layout and the colors go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total gorgeousness! I love the warm colors...and the binding is perfect for your card. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!