Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Make It Monday #37 Layered Mats and Frames

Greetings, all!  I just happen to need an anniversary card this week, so I thought I would use PTI's Make It Monday #37 (Layered Mats and Frames) challenge for inspiration:


This card is fairly CAS, which I really prefer over other styles but is very challenging to do well.  At least for me.  The PTI dies used were Mat Stack 2 and Postage, and they were cut out of Text-Style Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, as well as PTI's Stamper's Select white.  The stamps were all from the Wonderfully Whimsical set, and were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers.  The patterned paper at the top is from DCWV.  

I was trying to go for an image of the little bird blowing heart bubbles at the tree, where they grow into heart balloons.

Like?

Anyway, thanks for looking and have a nice day!

Cyndie


4 comments:

  1. Really sweet card Cyndie! Love the color combo and the whimsical tree. I REALLY like the shape of the edge on the blue paper is that border punch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and cheerful! Thanks for reminding me that I have the cute little postage stamp die! I have only used it with the stamps in the Postage set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card Cyndie, the colours are striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Cyndie, saw it just after you posted but forgot to comment. Love the colours, and I think the bird and the hear tree are just perfect (colouring is wonderful too).

    Pretty quiet on my blog at the moment, a couple of PC submissions, but generally not overly excited to do any challenges at the moment. We are off up the coast (Noosa, but that won't mean anything to you, about 1.5 hours north of Brisbane), this weekend, so can't see much card making happening. Unless you count all the Xmas cards I need to do for my mother and aunts.

    Keep those beautiful cards coming .... I am watching.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!