Here's how I did the card:
- Traced cat eyes from a magazine and made a cutting file out of it for my vinyl cutter.
- Cut the eyes out of glossy black vinyl, and weeded out the eye parts, leaving the black still on the backing sheet.
- Colored the back side of the backing with yellow Copic marker, and the front side of the highlights with white opaque ink.
- Adhered to white card that had two ovals punched out behind the eyes so I could shine light through.
- Die cut (Spellbinders Fancy Labels) label from black card stock, ran through Xyron to apply adhesive, then tapped yellow and green glitter (Martha Stewart) over the label.
- Printed the quote (from James Whitcomb Riley's poem "Little Orphint Annie") on my computer, onto white card stock. Die cut (Spellbinders Petite Ovals) then distressed with Tim Holtz Wild Honey distress ink. Adhered to label with pop dots, then label to card.
Inside the card is a copy of the whole poem. Below is a photo of the card with light shining through the back. I figure that a battery-operated votive candle can be placed behind the front of the card for a spooky shelf ornament.
Here's how I did the jars:
- Filled small jars (Hobby Lobby) with either plain or peanut M&M's in fall colors.
- Made a circle template, adhered to back side of black velvet, and hand cut the velvet.
- Strung beads onto stretchy cord, tied off, and used the beaded "bracelet" to hold the velvet onto the top of the jar.
- Die cut two sizes of black pinked circles (Spellbinders Pinked Circles) from black card stock.
- Stamped skeleton (retired PSX design) in the center of the smaller circle, distressed the edges with orange craft ink, and adhered to orange and black ribbon.
- Ran larger circle through Xyron to apply adhesive, applied yellow and green glitter, then adhered the skeleton motif on top.
- Adhered the ribbon ends to the bottom of the jar.
Here's a photo of the top of the jar:
They came out pretty cute, I think! Anyway, Mom and Dad will like them. I plan to enter these into the Secret Crafter #155 Challenge (Anything Goes As Long As It Sparkles) as well as the Fussy And Fancy Friday Challenge (Fall or Halloween). Thanks for looking!