Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thank You JustRite with Mojo Monday 209 and JustRite 059

 Greetings all!  I have been so fortunate as to win another honorable mention from JustRite's challenge #58 for my shoe ornaments.  Thank you, thank you, thank you JustRite!  For my project I won a die from their online store, and I chose Spellbinders Lacey Circles.  This card is a thank you card to JustRite for their generosity.


For this card I used the sketch from Mojo Monday 209 as a guide. 


 The yellow-gold patterned paper on this card was created from glossy card stock using the "kissing" technique:  the JustRite Applique stamp was inked in SU Cranberry Crisp (retired) then stamped on a retired SU foliage background stamp (don't know the name) which had been inked in Versamark.  This was repeated all over the background, then the background stamp was stamped on glossy card stock, heat set, then inked with Tim Holtz Wild Honey distress ink.  The sentiment (JustRite Cardmaking Kit) was stamped in black ink on vanilla card stock, cut with Spellbinders Classic Circles, and distressed with Wild Honey ink.  The maple leaves were punched out (punch source unknown) from leftover custom patterned paper, and distressed with Holtz's Peeled Paint distress stain.  Copper colored glass beads were glued on, and the round panel was adhered to a dark brown panel cut from craft foam using Lacey Circles.   The "ribbon" and the "lace" on the right-hand side were also cut from craft foam.  A scalloped border punch was used on the patterned paper, and a panel of SU Cranberry Crisp card stock was sandwiched in.  The bottom layer is a panel from DCWV's Safari Chic patterned paper stack.

Overall, I'm thinking this is a masculine styled card so I'll probably use it for that.  Since the colors are very Autumnal, I'll also submit it for JustRite's 059 challenge ("Fall Festival").  Thanks again to Kelly Fortin and the rest of the design team at JustRite who chose my project!

Have a nice day!

Cyndie



2 comments:

  1. Queen for a day Cyndie...BIG congrats and a hug on your win!!! What a great thank you card you've made for them too. I haven't tried the foam for die cuts yet, you've inspired me!!! Love the pretty die you chose as you prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you, knew that idea was a winner and I guess you now have a wonderful addition to your Spellbinders collection. The centre panel of this card is just remarkable, I love the colours you have chosen, so warm and cosy (need a bit of that here with spring weather turning cooler). And I love the leaves above the sentiment.

    Should I invest in Just Rite?? The lace borders Debbie Olson used recently are just beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!