Sunday, November 20, 2011

Play Date Cafe PDCC108


Greetings!  Today I'm participating in Play Date Cafe's challenge PDCC108, which is to use the colors of this photo for inspiration.  For my project I've made a little treat to place on the pillow of a house I'm visiting, for the hostess to discover after I leave.



It's a matchbook-style treat holder cut from SU Bravo Burgundy, and inside I've stapled a "fun-size" package of M&Ms.  The stamp I used is from a retired Stampin Up set called Illuminations--love that calligraphic ornamentation.  It was stamped on Creamy Caramel card stock, stamped in copper craft ink, and embossed with copper embossing powder.  I added die cuts of retired Stampin Up copper patterned vellum and copper card stock using Spellbinders Labels Four and Floral Doily Accents.  Combined with the ornate sentiment, I think they give the package a Byzantine look.

Well, that's it for now, thanks for looking!

Cyndie


7 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea Cyndie,she's going to be pleasantly surprised! And is that package of m&ms covered in polka dots ;) Love the pretty scrolled sentiment panel...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH! What a fabulous little gift to give when you leave! I LOVE doing something for my hosts---you just gave me another idea! LOVE and totally casing!! LOVE that retired image from SU! Gorgeous! And I love your take on our color story--perfectly done!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and I love the little surprise inside :) Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the striking colours and what a great idea, lucky recipient. Have a nice break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to leave you a comment the other day but my naughty computer wouldn't let me! Such a lovely project, who wouldn't want to receive such a yummy thing! I love it, must add that as an idea to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you embossed that stamp!! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! I love that you've wrapped up a little bag of M&M's so elegantly! They're my favorite! And there's just no way that I could resist them in this beautiful packaging, Cyndie! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!