Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tuesday Trigger Like A Handbag!

Hi Everybody!  So, I got this catalog in the mail today from a company I've never heard of:  Fossil.  They had some pretty cool stuff in there, and what really caught my eye was this handbag:


Of course you know where I am going with this.  It just cries out for a paper pieced card.  On top of that the colors remind me of a recent Tuesday Trigger (from October 25, too late for the contest but I made the card anyway):


So, drum roll please, here's the card:


Almost no stamping--just piecing of strips of card stock, mostly from the DCWV stack Safari Chic, along with a strip of PTI's Melon Berry.  Each strip was outlined by hand with a Copic Multiliner.  The "metal" plate was created by cutting an oval out of card stock, punching a hole, and cutting the rest of the keyhole with a craft knife.  Then it was embossed multiple times with silver embossing powder until the finish was smooth.  The brads were also embossed so they would match.  The sentiment, from Waltzingmouse's Say It Loud set, was curved on the acrylic block before stamping with black Stazon ink.  I think this will make a pretty good masculine get well card.

Thanks for looking!

Cyndie




3 comments:

  1. Wow, Cyndie, what a gorgeous interpretation of the Trigger and handbag! Thanks so much for stopping by during the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops nearly missed this stunner! Love how you have put the colours together and your patience in "stitching" around each piece. Speaking of stitching did you see the sneak peek from PTI? Lucky you getting a Fossil catalogue, love what they do but mostly beyond my budget when they land in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous..love the autumn colors! What a fun hop it’s been! Thanks for joining me today on the Handmade Holiday Blog Hop! I really appreciate your visit :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!