Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Card From DH

 Mweey CXhe  (oops--fingers on wrong keys!)-- I meant, "Merry Christmas, all!"

I just had to show the card my husband made for me for Christmas (mine to him will be shown on tomorrow's PTI blog hop).  First, you need to know that he is not a stamper, he just really likes saving money on cards.  So for all appropriate occasions he shuts himself up in my stamping space and cranks out a (usually very simple) card.  This time, I made him promise not to do another single color, single layer card.  This is what he came up with:


The front of the card is kind of a pop-up style card, with cut out layers revealing the image below.  Pretty clever, no?  Here's some more photos of the layers:




For the holly image he colored on the stamp with my SU markers--one of his favorite techniques.

I gave him a gold star for this effort--definitely a keeper!

See you tomorrow!

Cyndie


2 comments:

  1. Stamper or not, what a lucky woman you are. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh he did a fabulous job! I think he's a keeper along with this card LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!