Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Make It Monday #46: Die Into Folded Tag

  Hi All!  It's a busy week but I did want to do this challenge, so whipped up a quickie tag.  Fortunately the method demonstrated by Erin Lincoln on this week's Make It Monday lends itself to quick ones!  Here's mine (modeled by my homemade Santas):


I used the Mat Stack 2 die and PTI's Background Basics: Gingham for the tag.  Ink was Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress ink (also inked around edges of tag).  The snowflake in the center was built up from two die cuts (MFT snowflakes):  one from red craft foam, the other from white card stock, run through the Xyron and steeped in glitter, then adhered to the foam.  A button with silk ribbon, a punched hole, and baker's twine finish it off.  Here's a closeup:


I like how it came out--very festive!

Now about those Santas, here's the story:  A few years ago my sister made a bunch of these for gifts, having gotten the instructions from a tv show or magazine (never did find out which or where).  We all LOVED them and wanted to make our own.  So she got a couple of us together with some friends and we did a session of Santa-making (I believe it was in September of 2006).  The materials are just commercial paper mache mix, heavy cardstock or bristol board, staples, and acrylic paint.   At the time I thought it would be good to document the process so I took some photos, and here they are (not all the Santas in the following photos were done by me but I couldn't tell you which was which):




 




Aren't they cute?  We had a blast.  If you want to try it, be sure to let the paper-mache'd Santas dry thoroughly (overnight is best) before painting them.

That's all for now--have a Merry Christmas!

Cyndie


3 comments:

  1. Cyndie, are you kidding me?
    Your Santa's are darling--I love them and I love your tutorial!

    Now for your tag--really nicely done and I love your glittered snowflake--thanks for the tip. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tag Cyndie! I think gingham is a great Christmas pattern and your glittery snowflake is pure delight! Speaking of delight...those santas!! Get out of town girl these are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag...just a little overshadowed by the Santas! These are wonderful! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!