Monday, December 26, 2011

Papertrey December Blog Hop Challenge

Greetings, all!  I hope you had a very enjoyable holiday--we did.  And now I can show the Christmas card I made for my husband since he has seen it by now:


The theme of this month's Blog Hop challenge was "Holiday Leftovers."  So I used leftover gold foil wrapping paper and red ribbon that I used to wrap my gifts (see photo below) to weave a checkerboard-patterned background for my card.
      
Here's the wrapped gifts.
The checkerboard middle layer.

I blurred the handwritten message inside (it's private!).

I don't own any Christmas PTI sets but I used the poinsettia image in Year Of Flowers: Collection, colored with Copic markers, as an accent to the card.  The sentiment was computer-printed on velum and mounted behind a Spellbinders Labels 13 die cut.

Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the rest of the hop!

Cyndie


20 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, and wow, that interior with the woven foil and ribbon! Your card is so elegant and professional, it looks like it came from a fancy stationery store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Cyndie. You make such beautiful cards and this is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Fabulous! LOVE your window and elegant, perfect stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a very classy looking card. Clean and beautiful design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Now that is one amazing card! Looks like it was straight off the shelf from Hallmark! So very elegant! I love the front of the card too, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Cyndie this is stunning! Love your pretty frosty window accented with the tiny poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the checkerboard piece you made from your leftovers. Thanks for the suggestion you left about my Silhouette. I checked again and there is no tape left. Hopefully I can get the problem resolved tomorrow when they are open.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trust you to come up with an outside-the-box idea, mind you I think there is competition in your household regarding design ideas. Did you pick your wrapping with this project in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! What a clever idea to weave the red and gold together. The vellum die cut front is gorgeous but the checkerboard puts this project over the top. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is so elegant! You have done an excellent job with coordinating it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool card...I love the window to the weaved pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the checkerboard and the vellum window! Your pointsettia is colored so pretty! I'll be he LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card. I love how you wove that paper together, and love the vellum window, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely and elegant! The woven panel is so eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sophisticated card..and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWZA! That is such an awesome technique with the vellum window revealing that amazing woven ribbon panel...so stunning! The poinsettia is a perfect accent...I love your sentiment, too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWESOME work, TFS and a Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!