Thursday, December 15, 2011

Play Date Cafe PDCC111

 Hello fellow Earthlings!  I have a need for another thank you card (for the free Spellbinders Labels 18 that I received as a result of winning honorable mention on JustRite's Friday Challenge #063--Thank You JustRite!!!).  So I decided to use the new die with JustRite stamps and the color theme from Play Date Cafe's challenge PDCC111 for this card:


The JustRite sets used were Vintage Oval Labels and Cardmaking Kit ("Thank You").  For the edges of the card I used The Paper Studio adhesive-backed polka dot ribbon (just for you, Lisa :)) which was trimmed to mitered corners, and the mats were cut using Spellbinders Labels 13, Labels 18, and Classic Ovals--Large.  There are zircon-colored Jolee's Jewels attached in the corners, and the teal card stock and ink is from Stampin Up (Taken With Teal).

Thanks again JustRite!  I really appreciate your generosity!

Cyndie


9 comments:

  1. Well I'm thinking I'm the polka dot Lisa you're referring too LOL and I thank you!!!Gosh I love the stamp you've used in the corners. This is a real beauty, you've certainly done the labels 18 justice here! I've used it on my card too(haven't photographed it yet). The prize at the PDC is labels 18~HA! If by some SLIM chance I were to win I would gift it to my SIL aka:stamping buddy; how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Cyndie! Such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndie, I like how you mitered the corners of the ribbon to make a frame for your card. Pretty!

    I'm glad you were able to play with us this week at The Play Date Cafe. :)

    Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving love. You had asked about my die cuts. The snowflakes (blue and white) are pre-cut Felt Flurries from Stampin' Up (retired though), and the black one behind the snowflakes is a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Motif die cut.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And what a cleaver thing to do with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous way to use a b/w color story with a hint of teal!! LOVE the mitered corners of the ribbon---BEAUTIFUL frames!! You rocked this challenge:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your polka dot frame looks wonderful, I had to look closer to see it was ribbon. Love this classic combination, need to have a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful and very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what beautiful layering and I love all those die cut shapes! The gems really sparkle, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo! Cyndie, that ribbon treatment is scrumptious! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!