Thursday, December 15, 2011

Some Christmas Items

This is my second post of the day--for my first, please check out this link.

 Hello folks!  Here are a few things I've been working on--none of them qualify for challenges I'm afraid, but sometimes you need to just let the creative juices flow and crank out some things.

First of all are the little treats we give to some people we play music with:


I made six of these.  There are three bags of goodies (one sweet, one salty, and one candy) tied into the basket with red ribbon.  The sweet treat was homemade shortbread cookies using Claire Brennan's recipe. The salty was homemade snacks made from oyster crackers and powdered Ranch dressing mix plus a few other things.  There are many versions of this recipe out there--the one I used is similar to this one.  The only stamping I did was some Inkadinkadoo snowflakes on the gold foil gift cards, using Stazon red.  I thought they matched the snowflake bags nicely.

Then I just finished making about 30 bulk Christmas cards (kinda late, I know, but they just need to arrive before Christmas):


When I do bulk cards, I must confess that I have a budget in mind, so there is minimal use of layers and expensive card stock.  I just ran the white card stock through the Cuttlebug using a snowflakes embossing folder (hard to see, but it has been enhanced here and there with a glitter pen), I cut out the poinsettias (PTI's Year Of Flowers - Collection) and colored with Copic markers plus Sakura Souffle gel pens, and the main focus of the card is the beautiful sentiment stamp from Verses (I have no idea where I got this stamp, but I've had it awhile).  After trimming the sentiment and treating the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink (Barn Door), they were backed by very thin strips of red zigzag card stock.  Oh, and parts of the sentiment were colored with Copics.  Pretty simple but hopefully still nice.


That's all for now, have a nice day!

Cyndie




4 comments:

  1. Mmm to the candy! These cards are STUNNING Cyndie! The poinsettia is beautifully colored! The pretty white embossed background lets your sentiment and flower pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! Your candy gift looks beautiful! AND WOW---30 Christmas cards!! I love love love them--beautiful embossing, lovely hint of red, and the sentiment is perfect! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Christmas cards, and even though you made have had a budget in mind they look very luxurious and expensive. The embossing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I found your blog through a link on Copic marker certified teachers. I live in Oklahoma, but come to St. Louis on a regular basis as my husband has family there. Do you ever give Copic Marker certified training on the weekend (or even a Friday would do). I can't seem to find any one in my area to teaches. Thanks Libby Unnerstall

    eunnerstall@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!