Monday, January 9, 2012

Less Is More and Clean And Simple

 Hello All!  Finally over my sniffles and ready to get back into the groove.  Great timing, too, as today is Day 1 of the Clean And Simple Online Card Class offered by Jennifer McGuire and company.  I loved the previous class I took (Inspiration Showcase) and knew this one would be good too.  First, here is the card I made today:


I decided to make my card to submit for a couple of challenges:  Less Is More #49 (Predominantly Purple), and Clean&Simple Stamping #172 (sketch challenge).  The parts of my card that I based on the class were the use of masking with a background stamp (I die cut the scalloped rectangle from masking paper using Spellbinders Long Scalloped Rectangles, then stamped SU's Paisley background stamp in SU Orchid Opulence craft ink over it); and also the monochromatic color scheme.  I used a matching marker to outline the die cut before removing the mask.   The central motif was die cut (Spellbinders Floral Doily Accent) from SU Orchid Opulence card stock, and touched up with white gel pen and popped up on a dimensional.  Just happened to have some vintage seam binding in the right color, and added some white satin ribbon as well.  The sentiment is from PTI's Autumn Abundance set.

Really looking forward to the rest of the class as I struggle with this card style and yet really prefer it to the sometimes overdressed card style.

Thanks for looking, and have a nice day!

Cyndie


8 comments:

  1. Glad your feeling better Cyndie ;) Your purple CAS card is perfectly pleasing! Love the little ribbon banner and sweet bloom! I should take this class some time, CAS is hard for me. But I think you already have it mastered!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful masking! Love your colors! So many special touches with the die and ribbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks terrific and what a fabulous technique you used... one I may have to try for myself!
    Super job Cyndie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cyndie what a fabulousc card! I love purple and your masking job is fantastic. Love the flower focal and the ribbon. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndie, this is such a beautiful card...love the amazing masking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, I like it
    Cathi from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab masking - must try the technique with the nestie as a mask - great card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!