Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Make It Monday #50: Shaker Card

 Greetings folks!  I happen to need a card for a young friend who is about to undergo open heart surgery (one of many, unfortunately).  So I wanted to put together a very cheery card for her and she likes bling, so this one has a bit of it.  Also made this for this week's MIM#50: Shaker Cards.   I don't think she has seen one of these, so she'll get a kick out of it:


And hey!  The colors are pink and yellow so I'll use it for another entry for CR84FN46!  

I just happen to have recently received a shipment of goodies from PTI--spent gift certificate money from Christmas!--so I HAD to use the new Mat Stack 2 Collection set I got, as well as the Mat Stack 2 Layerz die to go with the regular one I already had.  The shaker card was made as shown in Heather's MIM video and I used pink glitter for the filler.  Also used on this card was Text-style 2009 Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, as well as So Saffron card stock from SU and Spellbinders Labels 21 die.  The Layerz die cut is from black card stock, the little hearts were punched from patterned paper, and tiny Jolee's Jewels in light pink were adhered. The Cuttlebug embossing folder used on the die cut was Divine Swirl.  The tiny stamped hearts near the sentiment came from PTI's Wonderfully Whimsical set.

I'll have another project tomorrow for PTI's blog hop;  I hope you can check back for that!

Have a nice day,

Cyndie


13 comments:

  1. Adorei as cores. I lke the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Cyndie this is awesome. You manage to make it look so easy. These colours rock, that shaker turned out so well. CASING you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card you made for your young friend. She will have fun playing with it as she recovers. I like the tiny little hearts inside the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that you would ROCK the shaker card technique Cyndie! Your young friend is sure to love this extra special card; heart surgery ~ serious business. I pray all goes well for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Cyndie! Love the shaker! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Love your color combo, as well as how you incorporated your shaker -- VERY cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the layers and the various die cuts! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Love the layers and the various die cuts! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colours and shaker and I'm sure it will be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, Cyndie! I love the color combo as well as the layers and textures. Nichole is right, the glitter looks great inside the shaker! Congrats on the shout from her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shaker card, Cyndie! So sorry to hear about your friend's surgeries.. no doubt this will bring a smile to her face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love that the sentiment is in the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Cyndie! The colours and patterns are just perfect and guaranteed to brighten your friends day. The hint of black just sets it all off.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!