Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Make It Monday #51 and Get Well to Cath

 Hello everybody!  I just put together a very quick card for two purposes:  MIM #51 (3D sentiment panel) and also a For Cath With Love blog hop, which I just found out about this morning and wanted to do something for.  She is suffering from an injury I can sympathize with (rotator cuff tendonitis), as I had the exact same injury two years ago.  Cath, if you happen to see this I just want you to know that it WILL get better!  I thought the pain would never go away, but through the magic of physical therapy (fortunately I did not need surgery) I did gradually improve and within a couple months was completely pain free (still am!).  Better than ever, in fact--I can actually iron clothes now (don't tell my husband, it's been my long-standing excuse for years).  Anyway, I do hope you will start feeling much better soon, and here's a card for you:


The card is a pretty close CASE of what Nichole did--I love that card!--and was done using the following supplies:

Stamps (all PTI):  Autumn Abundance, Flower Fusion #7, Simple Sunflower, Turning A New Leaf, Background Basics: Gingham.
Card stock:  PTI (Stamper's Select white) and SU (Certainly Celery)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black) and SU (Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie); Tim Holtz (Wild Honey distress ink)
Embellishments:  Prima flowers colored with Pumpkin Pie marker; antique buttons from stash.

Well, enjoy the rest of the hop!  Feel better soon Cath!

Cyndie


23 comments:

  1. Hi Cyndie! Your card is SO fresh and gorgeous! It sure makes me want Spring here NOW! Thank you for being part of this blog hop for Cath! So glad that you made it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cyndie what a pretty card! Such crisp happy colors. Love the shading on your sunflowers. I haven't watched the MIM video yet sounds like fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing stamped background, Cyndie! Thanks so much for joining us in Cath's Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness Cyndie, I thought the background was printed paper - what a great job you have done. Love the colours and the colouring,

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful - love the colours and the banner is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and I love the flowers you used ! I will most likely be using my sunflower too as I don't have many that will work. Glad you got over your injury. Think I will be making a card for Cath:s blog too. I love your card and its beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fun banner sentiment.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the banner and gorgeous colours. Pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous depth of color in your stamping! This card is so beautiful! Great job with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...your stamping is really really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty card--love those colors and the banner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours and seriously fabulous stamping!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cyndie, you did a beautiful job of this card. I love your stamped background and your colours are divine. Glad to hear you are better now and I don't do ironing either, partially because of my MS and mostly because it is awful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous banner/get well card, Cyndie. Love the bright cheerful colors too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great banner and just beautiful background paper! The colors are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card. Love your stamped background and banner. Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous stamping and colors! I know this made Cath feel much better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your background is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, Cyndie! What a bright, cheery card! That background is just a-maz-ing! Thank you so much for thinking of me. I feel so loved and blessed to have such kind, caring friends.

    {Hugs},
    Cath

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!