Monday, January 2, 2012

Mojo Monday 222

  Happy New Year everybody!  I'm starting off the year with a Mojo Monday card that uses this sketch.  I also dusted off some retired Stampin Up sets that I will always love:  Baroque Motifs and Tropical Blossoms, as well as Sincere Salutations.




For the "patterned paper" I used a technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire's Inspiration Showcase class:  stamped with Distress Ink (Wild Honey) on glossy white card stock, added clear embossing powder, embossed, then inked with SU Night Of Navy ink.  The yellow card stock is SU Summer Sun and the blue came from my stash (not sure of the source).  Other items used were:  Spellbinders Lacey Circles, PTI buttons die, a tiny yellow button, white looped lace, an SU oval punch, corner rounder, and orange adhesive rhinestones.

I wish all good things for everyone in the New Year,

Cyndie


9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Cyndie! What a great way to start the year off with this sunny cheerful card. Great job on the sketch. I haven't played with MJM for a while but I like this sketch..might give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindie,

    - Wow, you made the sketch look so dead-simple where I was perplexed! Your complementary colors just sizzle. I'm inspired, thanks so much.

    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindie:) WOW! gorgeous cad and love the colors. I also LOVE your blog head very pretty! I'm a new follower and I can't wait to see more of you beautiful creations!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly bold colors...I would love for you to link up with my new card making meme, 52 Card Pickup here...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-1.html!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bold colors are fabulous! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love those colors. The pattern paper you made is divine. Love that lace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you are still practicing what you learned in class! Love the colours on this one too (I appear to have missed afew of your cards).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a striking card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!