Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Moxie Fab Cutting and Trimming Challenge

Greetings folks!  Still trying out new techniques for the Clean And Simple Cards Online Class, and today's technique is mirror stamping.  Now, this is something I've not done much of, so I had to scratch my head a bit to come up with something.  Here it is:


The daffodil stamp is from PTI's Year Of Flowers Collection set; I stamped it on a thin stiff plastic bag using Memento Tuxedo Black, then quickly pressed the paper onto it to get the image.  Then stamped normally on the opposite side of the paper.  Then I touched up the reversed one with SU black marker.  Not to hard to tell which is the reversed one--I needed a finer marker to do a better job on the touchup.  The images were colored in with Copic markers, then a Spellbinders Labels 18 die was traced lightly in pencil around the image and hand-trimmed with pointy scissors.  (This is why I can submit it for the Moxie Fab Cutting & Trimming challenge).  Adhered with dimensionals to the cardstock covered by patterned paper (Lasting Impressions Lemon Tart Dots).  Loops of yellow gingham ribbon were added, and a corner rounder finished off the card.  Oh, and the sentiment came from PTI's Simple Sunflower set.

That's all for now, have a nice day!

Cyndie


4 comments:

  1. Cyndie this is gorgeous and so makes me wish for spring! Beautiful and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tracey..this pretty card has me longing spring! Superb coloring on your daffodils Cyndie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job - I can't tell which one is the reverse :) Love how you place the die over the stamps and hand trimmed. I will have to try that. Your card is beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cyndie! Thanks for linking this up to the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!