Friday, January 13, 2012

PDCC114 and CleanAndSimple173

 Greetings all!  Here I am again, still doing CAS cards by trying to apply techniques learned in Jennifer McGuire's Clean And Simple and Inspiration Showcase classes.  This time to enter two challenges:  Play Date Cafe's PDCC114, and Clean & Simple Stamping's #173.



Here's how I did it:  smooth-toothed watercolor paper was stamped in Versamark with this image from K&Co's Lotus Floral set, then clear-embossed.  A few drops of SU reinker (Eggplant Envy, retired) were mixed with water containing PearlEX mica powder, and watercolored onto the paper using a sponge.  Tiny clear rhinestones were colored to match the SU Baroque Burgundy card stock (also retired) using alcohol markers, and adhered where the berries are in the image.  The sentiment, from Waltzingmouse Say It Loud, was stamped in black craft ink and embossed with gold detail powder.  A corner rounder finished the job.

Into my stash it goes!

Have a nice day--
Cyndie

14 comments:

  1. Cyndie this is so beautifully peaceful and serene. What a marvelous background you've created. I'm a bit stumped with these colors but you my friend AWESOMENESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHH! This is sooooooooo beautiful! That purple and burgundy look just like suede! And that embossed leaf plant....WOW! This is GORGEOUS! LOOOOOOOOOVE everything about this card:) Beautifully done! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!!

    ps..and thank you for your sweet comments on my blog;) Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Cyndie,

    thanks for your nice comment on my blog!
    I like your cards a lot, and this one is sooo beautiful! I also thought about entering the colour challenge, but couldn't think of a way to use the colours.
    I like the way you did!

    Smiles,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've used our colours, that white looks gorgeous against the purple background and the little gems set it off beautifully. I never even thought to use gold embossing, fab idea!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great contrast! I'd love for you to link up your beautiful card with my new cardmaking meme, 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the eggplant wash over the embossed tree, that is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog, Cyndie, and the kind words. I like LOLcats too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous effect, Cyndie! That purple color is so regal looking! The embossing looks fantastic against it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfectly stunning take on the color story, Cyndie! WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like suede! Wow, I love the touchability factor you've got here.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the watercolor and how you colored the rhinestones! PRETTY card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY Cyndie! Congrats on the "Cream in Our Coffee" award over at the Play Date Cafe...well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated, thank you!